Friday, January 2, 2009

Healthcare Reflections

Life and its many diversions have hitherto prevented me from blogging regularly on a topic that has gripped me for quite some time: the state of health care in the United States. And now, with gracious support from friends and family, I have finally resolved to test the waters and begin blogging.

I am both a student and a young professional with a career interest in improving health care in the United States. I graduated four years ago from a small, liberal arts college with dual degrees in the social sciences. I promptly began my career working for a mid-sized, non-profit health insurer operating in greater New England. It is here where I acquainted myself with the problems and complexities facing our current health care system, and it is here where I cultivated an enduring passion for the health care industry.

What this blog is:
  • Commentary on topics that interest me, a student of health care policy.
  • Reflections on ideas that are novel to me, as a young professional interested in improving health care in the United States.
What this blog is not:
  • Opinion from a seasoned health care executive.
  • Affiliated with any established company or institution.
With this in mind, the mission of this blog is to actively engage its readership with the questions, topics, and trends that concern students of health care in the United States. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: